Last modified: 12 February 2012
- Irrespective of which country where you reside or create information from, your information may be used by Groupiser in the United Kingdom or any other country where Groupiser operates.
- Collected information provided by user
- Groupiser requires some personal information in order to operate as designed. This includes your name and an email address.
- Groupiser will also collect non-personally identifiable information. This will typically include browser type, language preference, ip address, referring site, and the date and time of each visitor request. Groupiser collects this data to optimise and iterate to best serve its users. This information will never be released on an individual basis, but may be released in a compiled manner.
- Groupiser utilises an import contacts feature to help you keep in touch with your contacts and other members of Groupiser. Groupiser makes it easy for you to invite people from your email address books and contact lists to join you on our site or to find people who have already joined our site. At your request Groupiser will search your email address book to help you import your contacts to our site. When you request that Groupiser sends an invitation email to your imported contacts, Groupiser stores this contact information for the sole purpose of sending this invitation email. The email that is sent to your friend will come from Groupiser but will include your name so your friends know who it’s from. Groupiser does not store any passwords you provide as part of the contact import process.
- Additionally, Groupiser collects information from its mobile phone users (who have installed the Groupiser application) in a similar manner to optimise the mobile experience. Beyond mobile phone numbers, we collect mobile screen resolution, device make and manufacturer, as well as the device’s unique identifier (in the iPhone’s case, a udid).
- Third Parties
- Further, Groupiser’s site may offer content (e.g., contests, sweepstakes, or promotions) that is sponsored by or cobranded with identified third parties. By virtue of these relationships, the third parties may obtain personally identifiable information that visitors voluntarily submit in order to participate. We have no control over these third parties’ use of this information. The site will notify you at the time of requesting personally identifiable information if these third parties will obtain such information.
- Groupiser may share data internally with its affiliate companies and may disclose information in the event that it is merged, acquired, sold, or some of its assets are acquired. Groupiser may also share data for the purposes of due diligence as part of a potential merger or acquisition transaction. If Groupiser believes that your information will be handled in a materially different manner than it was by Groupiser, you may have the opportunity to opt-out of having your information shared with any acquirer.
- Groupiser has discretion to cooperate with law enforcement and disclose any requested information if Groupiser so charges. Such circumstance may be when Groupiser believe in good faith, that such disclosure is necessary to: (i) handle fraud, attacks against our systems, or security conflicts, (ii) remain in line with currently applicable state and federal laws or regulations, (iii) continue to abide by our terms of service, or (iv) protect the public or Groupiser from any attacks against intellectual or physical property rights.
- Groupiser places a premium on protecting your information, but you should remain aware that any information you share online or via text message can be accessed by others. Groupiser is not responsible for the actions of those who obtain your content in this manner. Groupiser cannot guarantee your safety and security and you should be aware that submitting any information and using the Groupiser service is done at your own risk.
- All information passed through Groupiser is primarily handled in the United Kingdom but may from time to time be handled in any country in which Groupiser or its affiliate companies operate.